What A Disaster

Guest The Greens

Guest The Greens

Hello all my Friends at PiO, sorry I have been off a few days.

Yes we left last Wednesday 30th January, and we arrived last Friday morning, after a 26 hour travel, (Business Class) via Frankfurt and Singapore, into Brissy and guess what, we are going home tomorrow. Yeas OK all laugh and get it over with, tell me we are mad and what fools we are. OK What can I say??? :unsure:

Fact is my Mum and Dad inlaws are so devastated, almost on suicide watch, and my Hubby, Tony , a 6ft 5 rugby playing back row forward is absolutely broken into pieces. He’s crying like a big baby, and we are telephoning home every few hours. No matter how much you plan for that moment you will never be prepared properly or enough for it. Luckily my sister Sandy is there at home to keep me informed and to make sure what I hear is correct.

My plan now is to get home reassess it all and see what we can do. At least the Visa’s are activated. Both of us do not want to give up on this dream, but what do we do? How do you deal with such a situation. (his parents are both 75 & 73 year old) and so upset with it all. If I can get us back quickly and try and resolve it then maybe we will salvage the dream. I know many of you will say stick it out in Oz, don't go back. But it’s not an option, both sides, the old folks and Tony are so low right now. Get home, regroup and then sort it out, because we can still do it. It just needs better planning. Maybe this was a trial run.:shocked:

Just to add Brissy is fantastic and wet and green today. The people are so so happy to see so much rain. WHAT A FANTASTIC PLACE, and HEY, WHAT A GREAT GREAT COUNTRY TO LIVE this place is. Australia we love you. Got soaked yesterday at the Gabba Cricket ground, the game was abandoned to rain, then today, we were going down the Gold Coast to see it again after loving it last year, but the Flash flooding put pay to that, can you bloody believe it. So instead we had a great look around Redcliffe and the Northern suburbs of Brissy, Absolutely beautiful, what a fantastic city. Just had a lovely meal tonight in Pier Nine on Eagle Street, (no drink though as I’m taking care of my man, as he’s a bit down in the dumps) just got him off to bed now a wee bit drunk.

This has been a hell of a trip, I think I have been, in more states of emotion than ever before. Forget the Jet lag, or being so tired I have had to be a nurse, driver, councilor and shrink not to mention Wife, all in about 3 days.But I know he does it for me all the time. But I’m not giving up.

Going to have a glass of wine now out on the balcony of our room, I think I deserve it. My 6ft 5 baby is asleep to the World and we will be off back to England tomorrow night. I will keep you posted.

Sorry to sound so down, thanks for listening,

EMMY :SLEEP:

Guest Angelcake

Wow! I'm really sorry you are all having such a tough time (especially the in-laws).

Sounds horrendous!

To be honest though it sounds like if you go home you won't be able to come back. If the parents and your husband are devestated now then they will be in 6 months, 1 yr or whenever else you plan to come back. If they cant handle it now then surely they never will??

I hope your journey back goes well and you all manage to re-settle and get over such an emotional rollercoaster.

Good luck

Angelcake

Guest JoanneHattersley

To be honest though it sounds like if you go home you won't be able to come back. If the parents and your husband are devestated now then they will be in 6 months, 1 yr or whenever else you plan to come back. If they cant handle it now then surely they never will??

Angel, u said exactly what i was thinking. If/when u go home it will be harder to leave again. EVERY one of us have been thru the emotions that u have described. It gets easier for some but not for others.

DO what your heart tells you:wubclub:

Guest Redaussies
Wow! I'm really sorry you are all having such a tough time (especially the in-laws).

Sounds horrendous!

I hope your journey back goes well and you all manage to re-settle and get over such an emotional rollercoaster.

Good luck

Angelcake

Hi Emmy, What a sad situation. I hope you can keep your dream, but this looks a bad one. Can't say what to do? But I wish you lall the uck and goodwill I can.

Guest leanneandmark

Oh Dear poor you.

Sending you lots of love n hugs.

Try to enjoy yourselfs for a week or so first. Surely if they know your coming back you can have a stress free holiday to help weigh up the situation.!?

Guest traybears

omg can't believe it! i really hope you can sort something out.you must be gutted.did your o/h not really want to go?i really feel for you but i think once you go back it'll probably be the end of it.what does your o/h say about return to oz one day? it has to be both your decision and im sorry to say, not your in laws.i hope things work out for you,i really do.all the best,tracy.xx.

ps.is there a chance you could maybe stay for a few weeks at least get a holiday out of it?

Hi

Sorry to hear you're having a terrible time but you know a few days is just not long enough to make such a huge desision. You will both be tired and jetlagged and of course upset at leaving everyone behind. Can't you give it a few weeks at least just to see how you feel and then if you still feel you can't settle then go back. I hope it all goes okay whatever you decide.

MANDY X

Guest The Greens
Angel, u said exactly what i was thinking. If/when u go home it will be harder to leave again. EVERY one of us have been thru the emotions that u have described. It gets easier for some but not for others.

DO what your heart tells you:wubclub:

I hear what you both say, But NO I have no choice. To stay and do nothing is just inviting trouble.

If I stay it will be murder for them and my Tony, God forbid anything happened to them that was truly bad at this time, I think Tony would be finished for life. I just think if we can go back now very quickly, we will show them it's just a day away, show them a quick response to their situation and tell them Hey what's all the fuss about, we are not far away!! That's my thinking. I know it's a bit severe but what the hell. Today O/H is a lot better, feels OK and has a smile. (I even caught him eyeing a bird down at Eagle Street tonight!!!:arghh:) You know it's hard to deal with situations, and I think this is our best way to save the dream and correct a bad stuation.

Thats my hope!!

EMMY

Guest afiyafifi

You Poor Thing , I Agree That When You Get Back To The Uk It Wont Be So Easy For You To Go Back To Oz , I Hope It All Works Out For You , Take Care ... Karen

Guest maxxangel

Gosh what a knock back! Do let us know how things work out and update us now and again. I hope things do work out for you and you manage to get back to Oz. It probably won't be very easy to look to the future again until everyones emotions have settled.

Cara

Wow. Can't belive that your having to come back already. Cant you stay and have a bit of a holiday?

Do you really think that you'll be able to go back to Australia or when you mention it will you get tears off Tony's mam and dad?

Good luck with everything. Its a shame to have to come home for someone else's feelings instead of giving it a chance to see how you both feel and settle in.

Safe trip back and I hope that sometime soon you'll make it back to Australia. Cant wait to get there myself and I no that it's going to be really hard to leave family and friends but sometimes you have to sacrifice things for the life that you want. My mam has said that she'll never come and visit so it's down to us to come home every now and then. Thank god for the phone.

Take care x

Guest Pingpongpom

Hi :)..so sorry to hear you have had such a torrid time since arriving in Brisbane..the emotions of this sort of move can certainly take their toll, and it must be so hard for you to see your OH upset and his parents, plus dealing with your own emotions..your the only one who knows what is right for you, as each of us have unique circumstances to deal with..if you feel this is the right thing for you to do at the moment then i hope you can sort it out and wish you all the best for a return to Brissy in the future!..we have close family both in the UK and Aus, and have had to leave both ends and it never gets any easier..just something you have to get through the best you can..take care and safe trip back..

Pingpong:cute:or Tess

Guest FizzyBubbles

On not what a shame. I hope you can turn this all around especially as you have falling in love with the place by the sounds of it. Hopefully as you say, your family will be able to see how quickly you managed to get back! I dont know what else to say only I hope you manage to live your dream eventually!

Good Luck!:smile:

Gosh Em, Don't know what to say that hasn't already been said, everyone is going to be walking on eggshells - are Tony's parents the type who will see that they've probably blackmailed him into returning or will they think everything's ok now he's home - but will everything really be ok if you've had to give up on your dream. I really do feel for you and know you have to make the choice for you - but as someone suggested can you not at least have a holiday and say to them that you'll be home in 2 weeks?

Ali

Guest Ian&Lou

Sorry to hear that it's not gone so well for you. I really hope that everything works out and Tony's parents are ok.

Hopefully you will make it back to Oz when everyone is ready to try again.

Lou

x

Guest bruce&jackie

Hi Emmy

This is just a blip in the great scheme of things. I've followed your journey and if anyone can get through this it's you and Tony your a team ! I agree with the idea of showing the family how quick you can come back if needed and it will be reasuring for you both as well. Good luck with trip and take care thinking of you both.

Jackie xx

Guest sharleen29

So sorry to hear what your going through. It must be a terrible situation for you to be in right now. You have to do what you think is right for the time being and if that means going home then so be it. Just dont give up on your dream completley. Keep your chin up and know that we are all thinking of you.

xxx

It is sooo awful...nothing can prepare for the goodbyes.

To be honest we have had three in the past 16 months and they have all been terrible.

Thats why we are going home....I cant put myself or my family through that...its like watching someone pass away.

For some they can cope ,for others they cant.

I hope you get to live your dream...but I understand why you are returning...people are more important than places .....goodluck Xx

Guest The 3 Bears

I'm sorry to hear that things have gone a bit wrong for you. This is a message for your OH. I am the youngest of 5 kids (a 36 yr old KID) and my Mum (70yr old) is devastated at the thought of me going to OZ, my Dad is 73 and has Parkinson's disease and although he is ill I've got to be realistic and think that both my parents could live for another 10 years and by that time my dreams would be dashed. I feel very selfish and I'm sure my siblings probably feel the same but you only get one life to lead and you have to follow your heart. I know it's hard but please try not to let anyone else make this decision for you.

Good luck and I will pray that you make the right choices for you.

The 3 Bears

x

Oh Emmy, I am so sorry that things have turned out this way for you. I think it is terrible that people would resort to emotional blackmail to get their way about things and so screw up other people's lives. As others have said, I dont fancy your chances once they get you back there though but I do sincerely hope you can work things out.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Don't know how our parents are going to react yet but I think my mum (63) is going to go down that road.

Anyway, if you are on the forum now Channel 5 has "Monster in Law" on at the mo or get the DVD.It's the funny side of the inlaws thing.

Good luck.

Guest Tony.London Suburbs

I'm really sorry to hear this but I honestly think you are making the right move(given the particular circumstances) and you ARE inthe Beautiful West Country so it can't be all bad..lol

Its currently 17 Degrees here on the edge of London today(for the 3rd successive day)...:)

Good Luck!

Guest The Greens

Thanks guys for all of you who replied and for the sympathy to the troubles we had. We both thank you from our hearts for taking the time to send encouragement. :notworthy: I have posted our sort of update, and apologise if it’s a bit long, but hopefully it may help others.

Cheers,

EMMY

• 11 months later...
Guest Tony.London Suburbs
Thanks guys for all of you who replied and for the sympathy to the troubles we had. We both thank you from our hearts for taking the time to send encouragement. :notworthy: I have posted our sort of update, and apologise if it’s a bit long, but hopefully it may help others.

Cheers,

EMMY

EMMY: Just saw this thread again!

Can you give us an update as to where you are 11 months later please?:embarrassed:

Archived